Steven C. Ruth is the managing and senior trial attorney of The Ruth Law Team. With more than 35 years of experience, his legal knowledge is extensive. His professional skill has earned the respect of his colleagues and the appreciation of many clients. Steve has represented thousands of families and been successful in obtaining compensation for their injuries or wrongful death due to the negligent conduct of individuals, corporations, and insurance companies. He conducts jury trials involving auto, truck, and motorcycle accidents, as well as defective products, elderly abuse, and medical malpractice.
He is admitted to practice before the following courts:
- All state courts in Florida
- All state courts in Minnesota
- Federal Middle District of Florida
- Federal Southern District of Florida
- Federal District Court of Minnesota
- Federal Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States of America
- United States Court of Federal Claims
Steve maintains a prestigious “AV Preeminent rating” by Martindale-Hubbell, the most prestigious national publication in the legal field. This honor is bestowed upon a comparatively small percentage of lawyers and law firms. It is the top rating available for any lawyer or law firm in the United States. The AV Preeminent rating reflects that an attorney has reached the height of professional excellence and is recognized for the highest levels of skill and integrity, as well as numerous years of experience in the legal field.
Having you as my lawyer was the best legal experience I could have imagined with the end result far better than I had even hoped for. Thank you, Mr Ruth!
Florida Super Lawyers has selected Steve to be listed as one of the top lawyers in Florida for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers for this honor.
Steve earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in History and Political Science from Dickinson College in Carlisle, Pennsylvania where he was president of Phi Delta Theta. One year of his undergraduate work was completed at the prestigious Johns Hopkins University School for International Studies in Bologna, Italy where he participated in graduate level courses. He went on to receive his Juris Doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law in St. Petersburg.
The practice of Personal Injury Law has been Steve’s passion and pursuit for more than three decades. He is currently very actively involved in handling cases and seeking justice on behalf of those who have suffered injury and perhaps even lost a loved one due to an accident that was not their fault or because of a faulty product or practice that has caused them harm.
- The American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Nation’s Top One Percent 2015, 2106
- American Society of Legal Advocates
- Florida Justice Association
- The Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Clearwater Bar Association
- Pasco County Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Manatee County Bar Association