While slapstick comedy makes light of slipping and falling, when it happens for real it’s no laughing matter. Serious permanent injury and even death can be the result. And when the cause of that accident is someone else’s negligence, legal action is your right.
If you or a loved one has suffered injury from an unexpected encounter with a dangerous condition, you may have legal grounds to be compensated for your injury, including your medical bills, lost wages, rehabilitation, and pain and suffering.
Some of the common causes of such falls include:
- property defects
- hazardous construction or building materials
- unknown slippery substances
- poor lighting
- non-existent, broken, or unstable handrails on stairways
- uneven floors or stairs
- cracks or holes in sidewalks
- loose carpeting
You do have a right to be protected from dangerous conditions when you are a visitor on someone else’s property or premise including:
- public buildings & grounds
- private houses, apartments, & other dwellings
- commercial establishments (malls, restaurants, & other businesses)
After seeking medical treatment for your injury, your best course of action is to call us right away and speak with one of our attorneys who will be able to answer your questions, advise you as to your best course of action, and give you the legal guidance and representation to protect your rights and seek the justice you deserve. Call 1-888-STEVE-RUTH (1-888-783-8378) now.